CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sunday Morning

Note* I will apologize ahead of time if this post gets a little confusing. This is just a glimpse of my mind and thoughts and sometimes they are hard to put into words that make sense.

I find it so AMAZING how God works. We went to church this morning and even though I could not understand a word that was sung or a word that was preached I still could feel the presence of the Lord. While I was sitting there I began to think, since I had no clue what the preacher was saying; however during the worship I recognized one song :-) Here I am to Worship. My mind began to wonder and i began to think about life. As I sat there I wondered.....God what do you really want out of my life? I know for sure I am called to the Ministry. I surrendered to the Ministry when I was 12, but I didn't know what part of the Ministry God was going to place me in. I have been involved in missions since I was 12, but is that going to be my full time calling, am I going to have to learn another language, will I have to move away from home...? Lots of thought began to stream through my head. I also began to wonder who is my husband? What does he look like? Where is he from? I know he is going to be an awesome man of God but can I just have a little glimpse Lord? Children are my passion and my joy! I love them soooo much and want a house full when I get married. So then I began to wonder will I even be able to have children? I surely hope so. I also pondered the thought of going to Seminary as a music minister, but is that where God wants me? I have always told myself I cant go to Seminary to be a music minister because I know nothing about music, I just like to sing and lead worship. I have always admired my music minister Br. Stan. He is so smart when it comes to putting on a cantata, I dont have a clue when it comes to that stuff. I cant even read music. How can I be a music minister? I can show you where middle C is on the piano, lol, but that is it.

A lot of the time we look at ourselves and give reason and ways God can use us if we were just someone else. Why do we always think God can use someone else in a more powerful way then our own self? All of that is Satan pushing our buttons and throwing that thing called FEAR in front of us. God calls us, equips us, and is always with us. God wants us just the way we are.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.~ Marianne Williamson

Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.
Galatians 5:26

You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.
1 John 4:4-6

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2 Corinthians 12:9

For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength.
Ephesians 1:15-19

For God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
2 Timothy 1:7

Here are some pictures from my first Sunday.

Before church and at church. (I don't know why I didn't get any of me with the kids while at church)













Some girl time while Joel and Grady went to the grocery store and to get lunch.





















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Just checking in on you. I read part of your blog to Stan. He said he has a book you need to read by someone who went to school for music and couldn't read a bit of music. I think it was the lead singer for Casting Crowns, I think his name is Mark Hall. Anyway, he has the book if you want it.

Rebekah said...

Hey girl,

I think the most amazing thing I experience when I went to Mexico, was exactly like you said. I couldn't understand a word they were saying, but the presence of the Holy Spirit was sooo powerful. God is truly an awesome God! Looks like from the pictures you are have fun. We had a great service yesterday at church. It was good to have Bro Roger and Ms. Linda. I thought of you several times. Miss you. Better get to work. Love ya, Rebekah

Gillian Day Hough said...

Mrs. Dottie do you mind asking Bro Stan what the name of the book is because I just started a book by Mark Hall. Yes that is him, he only knew like 4 chords but still went to Seminary in music.

Isn't that one of the most amazing feeling Mrs. Rebekah? In Romania it is a little different because we always have translators. And yes, I am having a blast with the kids.

Love all yall and miss yall too!

Anonymous said...

Gillian,
You better be smothering those kids with kisses from Granny!!! I really want to be in Brazil now that you have made the trip. I like your blogs. I'm so glad Michawn "encouraged" you to do this. It would cost entirely too much for Tucker and me to get a ticket to come down with Ariel but it would be fun. VBS is good. I love the kids. I have Jordan Barnes and have to be consistent with him. But I usually end up getting him to laughing and it ends positive. I remind myself all the time what a great childhood I had and all children are not so privileged. Well, this is a comment - not a letter. Keep having fun. Love you and are so proud of you.
Love,
Aunt Nena