CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Weight Watchers Update

So I got the bright idea that I would start weight watchers with Michawn. I started on the 20 pts a day system along with 64 oz of water. I started in weighing 126 lbs. I did good for the first 3.5 days. I did good up until Thursday night when Joel fixed pizza for supper and for those who know me know that I LOVE me some PIZZA. I ate about 6-8 pieces. I lost count and cant really remember exactly how many I ate. Friday morning I weighed 124. I was doing good but I just couldnt take it anymore, I did not like the whole points system I did not feel full ever (but I dont know if that was just a mind thing or what). I like to eat as much as I want of whatever I want when I want it. It was really hard for me to limit my eating to 20 pts a day. I wanted to develop healthier eating habits but that didnt happen. The Friday that I weighed in at 124 lbs, well we had a birthday party that night and I had a ton of sweets and I ate like crazy. Last night I had 4 pb&j sandwiches and I weighed again and I was back up to 126. Which is not a bad weight by any means but considering the two lbs came from junk food was disappointing. So I am going to try to start back on weight watchers and cut out all junk food (if Michawn would stop buying chocolate I wouldnt have that much trouble;-)) I am also going to try to exercise everyday by running a mile everyday and eventually work up to two miles. The way I have been eating while here in Brazil is the way I eat when im on vacation for about a week, which is ok, but 9 weeks is a little too long for "vacation eating." Something has got to be done.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gillian!! Wow its been too long since I have been on your page. I don't have time to read everything and catch up right now but I am for sure going to do that when I get home. I love you so much and I miss you more that you will ever know! Hope your still having a blast out there!

Talk to you later.
Lots and lots of love,
Claire

Anonymous said...

hey Gillian,

just checking on you. you have been gone a whole month! we are ready for you to get home girl! I know you are having a blast and Michawn is so glad to have you there. Glad you are having fun. I've got an idea, when you get home, everyone that didn't get to go on the youth trip will get together and go eat Mexican!!! haha! well, i guess we can let them come too, maybe. We have such a great youth group! I'm really excited about the direction our church is going. The spirit is definitely moving at Magnolia.
Enjoy your time left with Michawn and know that we are proud of you and miss you so much.

love ya,
Mrs. Mary

Gillian Day Hough said...

I love you and miss you more Claire-Bell!

Miss Mary a trip to eat Mexican sounds WONDERFUL! Maybe for supper that Sunday night after I get home on late Thursday night. That Thursday I told mom when I get in I want to go to IHOP! So we get back into Shreveport at 10:30 Thursday night so I told mom to be prepared for a late night out. You and Brooke are welcome to meet us at the airport and go to eat too. I dont have a clue who all is coming though. Oh I am super excited about where our youth group and church is headed too. I have big visions. Love you and miss you too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Gillian,
I didn't get to go on the trip so I'm all for the Mexican trip. I can't wait for you to get home either but on the other hand it is going to be sad for Michawn. Her connection to home will be leaving. And Ariel will be leaving with you. The kids will be lonely for several days too.
Glad the orphanage work has started. I know they can use the help and it is a great mission in itself. They are cute.
I'm thankful for the youth group. It reminds of the youth group Michawn and Jared were in. Close knit and hold each other accountable.
Gotta go. I'm going to sleep a little more before I have to get up and get ready. I love school.
Love,
Aunt Nena