CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 6, 2008

First Saturday

The first Saturday that I was here we got up and walked to a Bakery for lunch. Then we walked to the Orphanage that I will be volunteering at, walked to the University that is near by, and stopped at this little truck to taste some coconut water and sugarcane juice. Here are some pictures from throughout the day.



On our way to the bakery.




It was too dark to take a picture from inside so Michawn went outside to take a picture through the window.








Michawn got some chips and they were all gone, but Eissa was determined to find some more.


Just some pictures of the sights I saw while walking around. These few we were headed from the Bakery to the Orphanage.




This is the "Bobcat" house as Michawn called it. It is an orange house with black and white tile in front. Very cool!






This is the entrance to the Orphanage.


This is the main entrance to the University.


To the right of the entrance, the rest of the building.


The gym at the University.


Eissa playing while we were getting a tour of the place from Joel.


Grady playing with a plant while waiting on Hadley to finish using the bathroom so we could leave.




The little truck we stopped at to taste the coconut water and sugarcane juice.






Joel giving me a clean straw to taste the coconut water with.


Big sip!


NASTY!!


Michawn wanted to taste it too. She had had it before but had forgotten what it tasted like and was reminded that she doesnt care for it to much.


Time for the sugarcane juice.


It was even worse than the coconut water.


Time to pay.


On the way home we attempted to get a kids shot and this was the best I got. lol

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love your pictures, Gillian. You and Michawn give us different things to look at. I like having two perspectives. So just how much nasty stuff do you have to try? :) The kids picture is hilarious!!! Grady in the plant is really cute too. You take good pictures. Love you!
Love,
Aunt Nena

Gillian Day Hough said...

Well every time Joel says you want some, then I know it is probably going to be different. lol. But I smile and say I will try it. Thank you. I love this camera I have and its amazing. Love you too!

Gillian Day