CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 27, 2008

School Program/Festival

Grady and Hadley had a program for the little school they go to for Portuguese. Its was really nice and so much fun. It was kind of like a festival too. The had booths for each class and the theme was to conserve and take care of our earth. Im not positive but everything that was made at the booths I think was from recycled stuff. Anyway here are some pictures from the program and around the track. This program was from a while back but their last day of school was yesterday.


Getting all ready for the program.


Hadley was a vine.


Not sure what Eissa was doing here.












Family picture.


On our way to the track. They held the program and the high school track.


Its kind of hard to see but this is just a view of a lot of the booths from up on the hill.


Carrying the stroller down the stairs.


Walking through the bamboo walkway. Very cute!


Here in Brazil they do fireworks for everything. I hear some from out my window almost every night.


Eissa couldnt decide if she liked them or not. She thought they were pretty but did not like the loud noises.


Hadley's performance.












Hadley's class. They were sooo cute.






Grady's performance.




This little girl reminded me of a little girl I have on Wed nights at my church. The way she was dancing reminded me of Maddie.


Grady's class


Like son....


like father. :-)


This was at one of the booths and I thought it was the coolest thing. I have never seen furniture made of old tires.


Some more booths.


Hadley decided she didnt want to wear her flowers so I put them on and after that she wanted them back.


Monkey see monkey do! ;-)


Grady showing something he made in class.


Grady and his teacher.


Hadley and her teachers.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Gillian,

We are back home and I survived the trip. It was great, just very tiring. I don't think I'll ever get enough sleep. Oh, I read your comment on Day 3 on the blog. I don't know how many pictures we will find from the water park. Patti nor Marsha brought cameras in, they were too busy trying to get scaredy cats like me to ride stuff. They did convince Emily to ride somethings and she really enjoyed it. Always glad to see pictures and comments on your blog.

Love ya,
Mrs. Dottie

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl,

Well I got your comment on our youths blog...I missed you so much on that trip! and wow! That orphanage is really something...its so sad, but its also a great thing that that man is doing for them.

But listen now, just because all you people didn't get to go on the youth trip doesn't mean that you get to leave out the ones that did for that Mexican trip..haha..just kidding. Well sweetie I better get to bed, I'm like Mrs. Dottie I still haven't caught up on my sleep. But we had such a blast.

Love ya a billion!
Claire-Bell

Anonymous said...

Hi Gillian,

I just wanted to drop you a line or 20...LOL I really enjoyed your comments on the trip. We all looked forward to reading what your comment for the day was! True, we didn't get any pictures from the water park but I was a scaredy cat to bring it in with a big chance of rain. It did rain a couple of times and we all had to get out until it passed. It was great fun and we even got Mrs. Rebekah on a couple of rides after much coaxing. We missed you! Thanks for all the encouraging words and for keeping us up on what you are doing there. It is very interesting to read what is going on there. I will try to get some shots of Wednesday and Sunday just for you! I am finally rested up after sleeping much of the day Saturday! Talk to you soon.

Love,

Mrs. Patti

Anonymous said...

Hey Gillian, I am so proud of you too!! you are just one of my kids. I have really enjoyed looking at your blog and keeping up with what you are doing.Can't wait for you to get home. I will have you a great big bag of Reese cups and or a fudge round or 2. HaHaHa!!!!

Love ya. Mrs. Susan

Gillian Day Hough said...

Aww thank you Mrs. Susan. LOL that is funny about the Reese cups and fudge rounds! :-) You know my favorite! I brought a box of fudge rounds with me and they were gone within the first week. Love you too and I also cant wait to get home and see everyone. I am going to have a busy 3 weeks before school starts just from trying to catch up on everyone.

Anonymous said...

Hey Gillian,

I know that it's been a day or two since I wrote.

Claire and I spent the day in Natchitoches for her to practice on her dummy for her test that she has next Monday the 14th. Keep her in your prayers that day.

When we got through shopping we went to your house and had a make over with your mom.That was fun.

I can never remember when your birthday is. Is it the 7th or the 14th. Oh well, whenever it ist HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I'll tell you now because I might not remember later.

Gotta go to bed. Talk with you later.

Love, Mrs. Susan

Gillian Day Hough said...

Hey Mrs. Susan!
Claire told me in an email about the test. I will be praying for her. Im sure she will do good though. My birthday is actually the 12th. I talked to mom last night and she told me yall came over and played with the Mary Kay. She said it was fun. Hate that I missed it :-(. Well you have a great week. Tell Claire she better hurry up and find the digital camera and take a picture of her dress and email it to me.

Love yall and miss yall!