CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Life in the air

Tuesday June 3, 2008 I got the privilege to go up with Joel. This flight was some more training for Joel. We flew about 15 mins northeast of Anapolis, I think, to this little landing strip that was very narrow and short and is surrounded by trees. Joel was to practice how he would land on this little strip, he was not allowed to actually land because it was dirt and gravel and it would damage the tires some if he actually landed on it. It was kind of a bummer because Joel, his instructor, and me all wanted to land it. Once we located to strip we circled it about 4 times and the he went down about 4 times. So we did a total of 8 circles. This flight was a lot of fun. I love to travel by air and most people think im crazy when I say I enjoy turbulence while in the air and I love take off and landing. Once im up in the air I get really bored. This plane that Joel was flying was so much more fun than a big jet that im accustomed to traveling on. On this single engined plane we got to turn in sharp circles and there was more action I guess you could say. This flight really made me want to ride an aerodynamic plane. Then Joel was like, yeah those are fun! I got to fly one of those while training to get my pilots license in the states. Talk about made me jealous :-). Anyhoo here are some pictures from the preparation to take off to practicing landing and to landing back at Asas. Hope you enjoy.


If you read my post on Asas then you know that every morning they start with a devotion. This is the devotion and prayer time.




Filling out paper work.


More paper work.


and more paper work.


and more.....


and more along with some instruments.


I think this is about it.






"If you are to get sick to your stomach there is a "Sic Sac" right above your head."


"Please locate the nearest exit closest to you, keep in mind it may be behind you."


We had to wait a while before we could take off because the Military was practicing para shooting.


All of them walking back to the plane.


Preparing for take off.




Here we go!


















Joel and his instructor.








That little dirt strip to the left of that road is our landing strip.




Preparing to land, but not actually landing. We went down several times and never touched the ground before taking off again.




Tight squeeze.








Oh wait more paper work when we got back.

0 comments: