CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 14, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me

So Saturday was my birthday and it was fantastic. I normally dont celebrate my birthday because most of the time I am gone on some trip during my birthday. The only celebrations are eating out wherever I may be. But Saturday I got to sleep in; my Mom called told Michawn to wake me up but she wouldnt because one of the things I wanted to do was sleep in :-). After I got up and walked into the kitchen for breakfast the kids greeted me with homemade birthday cards and singing (which they did pretty much all day long, they love to sing happy birthday). For breakfast Michawn made one of my favorites....pancakes and Joel got me one of my favorites....pineapple. It was sooo yummy. For supper Michawn cooked me a wonderful dinner: Mexican enchiladas, rice, and beans. She ran out of time to make the desert so I got that yesterday and it was Red Velvet (my favorite cake) cupcakes! It was Michawns first time at making Red Velvet and she was afraid they wouldnt turn out right. They were good but didnt taste like red velvet. They tasted like regular cake that had a red color to it, but the icing was fabulous. It was that wonderful very easy to make cream cheese icing. Thanks Michawn, Joel, and kids for a wonderful Birthday!
When I walked in this is them singing Happy Birthday to me and giving me my cards.


I think I was laughing at Eissa because she was looking at me like what is going on. It was past her nap time and she was not really into it.
I got her to come to me to give me my card and then we went to the couch to look at the cards.
They were telling me all about what they drew in my cards.




Into the kitchen for my breakfast and more Happy Birthday singing.


They were singing Happy Birthday in Portuguese after singing it several times in English.
One plate of my cupcakes.
The yummy Mexican meal.
Grady took this picture.
Hadley took this one.
Just an up close of my plate. Man was it delicious! I ate so much I looked pregnant after eating it. Oh wait I look like that every time I eat ;-).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Gillian,

It sounds like you had a great birthday celebration and some good watermelon eating with Michawn and her family. Those kids are really going to miss you when you leave. Everything is going great here. Now that the festival has come and gone its gettin quite again. Please keep Brooke in your prayers, she is driving today and tomorrow and then she goes for her permit. You would know the day its her turn to drive, the instructor drives up to get her and the bottom falls out! So she got to drive in the rain. Everyone still misses you and we can't wait to have you back. Is it almost time for Ariel to arrive? We are leaving for Hot Springs this Friday. I can't wait. Well, i better get back to work. Talk to ya later.

Love,
Ms. Mary

Anonymous said...

Gillian,

I am glad you had a great birthday! Noelle and I are the only two in my house for a couple of days and boy, is that weird! I don't sleep well when everyone is gone. I guess it is no noise! LOL. But here it is at 2 am and I am still up. I have updated the blogs and may update my website yet! I am a night owl, you know!

I want to let you know how much it means to me that you take the time to check out the blogs and leave commments. Thanks for being faithful!

I guess I had better go to bed! LOL We will chat later!

Love,

Mrs. Patti

Anonymous said...

Hey Honey!!

Happy late birthday!! I really missed you during the festival. Wish you could have been there. It was magical when Claire won Miss Watermelon. I could have cried I was so happy for her. The roar over the crowd was wonderful.

Macie, Johnathan, and Nash are doing great...growing and being funny. Johnathan said, "GiGi" the other day. I know you would have been proud. Nash has started cooing and talking. He smiles a lot and actually rolled over for the first time the other day.

I'm glad you are doing so well. I know you are enjoying the experience. Be safe, tell everyone hi, and we will see you soon!!

Love,
Amy

Gillian Day Hough said...

Ms Mary
I did have a wonderful birthday and we had some good watermelon eating. So how did Brookes driving go? Did she get her permit? I didnt know they would let you drive if it was raining. I miss yall a lot too. Ariel will be here tomorrow, she leaves Saline today. I cant wait for her to get here. I miss her so much. Hope yall have a great vacation.

Mrs. Patti
wow just the two of yall for a couple of days....I bet it was quiet! Thanks for updating all the blogs. I really enjoy looking at them. I gives me a piece of home. Thanks and I cant wait to get home and have a game night!

Amy
Thanks for the birthday wishes, even if it was late. I know you were busy with the festival and needed some recuperating time afterwards. Well I almost started crying when I looked at the pictures of her. She called me that night and told me she won but when I saw her I almost started crying. I was soooo happy for her. I am glad the kids are doing great! I cant wait to get back home and see them. I miss them so much. Aww he said GiGi! Well I guess that is a sign he remembers me! Good deal! Ariel will be here tomorrow and I cant wait for her to get here. I just have another two weeks and I will be home!

Love you all and miss you all too!

Anonymous said...

Hey Gillian!!

I forgot to mention that I expect you to be in the pageant next year. You will be 2 days shy of turning 20, but technically still eligible for Miss Watermelon. It will be your last opportunity...think about it. We also need to talk Colby into Womanless...

Amy

Gillian Day Hough said...

Hey Amy
I plan on being in the pageant next year if I am home. I never know what my summers hold. But I hope to be home so I can do the whole Watermelon festival thing since I cant remember the last time I was home for it. I want to be in it since it will be my last year. We need to get a Mrs. Watermelon pageant going. Well I dont know if we could talk Colby into it but we might could talk Tucker into it! Love you and miss you! Cant wait to see those kiddos and see how much they have grown. Give them hugs and kisses for me.