CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Getting Settled In

Yesterday was my first full day in Brazil with my cousins. The day was great and relaxing. I slept in and got up and took a shower. I spent a little time with the kids at the kitchen table eating oreos! Their first ones since I got here. Michawn and I had some the night before. The loved them, as you will see in the pictures of the black teeth! :-0 After lunch Michawn and I walked Hadley and Grady to Portuguese Class (school). They go to school from 1-5:30. When we got back home I blogged and then started to unpack all of my stuff. About the time I got done unpacking it was time to go get the kids from school, and off to the park we went. Michawn and Joel live on this campus where there is a seminary and for supper we went to the cafeteria. We went there because Joel wasnt going to be home until late. The cafeteria is right next to the park so after the kids got done playing for a little while we walked over for supper. After supper we walked back home and put the kids to bed. Michawn, Joel, and I were going to watch a movie but Joel was really tired. He had been flying most of the day and was exhausted. So tonight Michawn and I are going to have a movie night and watch "Bella." Joel wont be home tonight, because Joel wont be home until about 10:30. I was about to go to bed last night and Michawn was on the computer talking to Aunt Nena and she told her to tell me not to go to bed yet that my mom was going to call me. Well mom tried several times and the line kept being busy but she finally got through. I talked to her and dad for a little while and then went to bed.

Here are some pictures of my room and bathroom, Hadley and Grady's school, and the park.























































9 comments:

miss mary said...

so glad you had a safe trip. have a great time, we are gonna miss you so much at church. love you, miss mary

BekBek said...

We are so glad you created this blog. Glad you made it safe. Mallory's procedure went great. The Dr. couldn't find a thing wrong! Mal really is missing you..teared up several times while we were in New Orleans. This blog is going to help! Have fun. Love you, Rebekah

Anonymous said...

it must be a hough thing; you have a way with words, too(like michawn). since addison i seem to cry over everything. glad all went well. i know you are going to have a blast!

love,

carolyn

Gillian Day Hough said...

thank yall! aww Mallory! I miss you too! Praise the Lord that everything went well and they couldnt find anything wrong. Love yall!

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Glad you arrived safely. We had checked on you several times and heard about the delay. Will be keeping up through the blog.
Headed to Fairview now!

Love you, Miss Dottie & Bro. Stan

Lizzie Claire said...

do they not have oreo's there? and it looks like everything is going great!! keep this thing up girl, it insprires me to keep mine going lol!!

Anonymous said...

You are so loved girl!!! Glad you are there to love my girl and her family!

Aunt Nena

Gillian Day Hough said...

Liz: No they do not have oreos here or Hershey's Chocolate or Michawns favorite cake mix (Fudge Marble). They have cake mixes but they just arent the same as ours. However they dont have any icing. They have some of the same stuff as we do but its different and not what Michawn grew up on. The main meal here is beans and rice. They love it and eat it all the time. I will try to post everyday, unless I just dont have anything to say.

Anonymous said...

Hey how are you doing so glad you are finally there. Wow looking at this blog brought back a flood of memories of my room and the closet and bathromm lol I am so excited you get to go andb e there and experience everything there that i did and much more. I hope you have a wonderful time and expereince. I will send you a message on facebook for more details i wanna hear about everything

Priscilla Ebersole